Who are we and what do we do?
Clifton is a small consultancy that provides expert guidance and bespoke planning that allows you to pin-point and engage directly with the political audience you require in order to achieve your objectives.
UK Public Affairs
Our people have experience of working in both Houses of Parliament, for Government Ministers, and with large corporate clients, and trade and business associations across the UK. That background means we are well versed in designing and delivering public affairs and political marketing strategies.
We can offer clients experience of working with large corporates to charities, trade associations and the not for profit sector.
Our services include:
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Political Engagement
- Select Committee Training
- Party Conference Programmes
- Westminster Round Tables
- Research based Campaigns
EU Public Affairs
We have extensive experience working with the European Parliament and Commission in Brussels on behalf of both UK and EU business and trade associations and are able to offer the same services as in the UK for those wishing to engage with Brussels.
If your organisation is looking to raise its profile in the print or broadcast media or you have a requirement to improve your media skills with a specialist media trainer, we can offer you a fully integrated media relations service.
Our services include:
- Media Strategy
- Media Contacts
- Media Training
- Media Sell-In
- Editorial Round-Tables
- Research-led Media Coverage
Clifton Consulting was founded by Giles Clifton who has enjoyed a career combining politics, law and public affairs. Giles is a Barrister of the Middle Temple; a Member of the Bar Association for Commerce, Finance and Industry; a Freeman of the Company of Communicators; a Freeman of the City of London; and a Member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Pro Bono work is considered for worthy causes.
We have previously worked with the following organisations, individuals or bodies:
- The British Retail Consortium
- Noble Foods
- WH Smith
- The Booksellers Association of the United Kingdom & Ireland
- The European and International Booksellers Federation
- The European Association of Craft, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (UEAPME)
- The National Farmers Union
- The Ulster Farmers Union
- The National Farmers Union Scotland
- The British Egg Industry Council
- The Earl of Shrewsbury DL
- Sir Gerald Howarth
- The Association of Independent Professionals and the Self-Employed
- The British Poultry Council
- The National Pig Association
- The All Party Parliamentary Group for Eggs, Pigs and Poultry
- The All Party Parliamentary Group for Publishing
- Midas PR
- Nexus PR
- The Countryside Alliance
- The Association of Masters of Harriers and Beagles
- Union Europeene du commerce de gros des oeufs, produits d’oeufs, volaille et gibier (EUWEP)
- The European Egg Packers and Traders Association
- The European Egg Processors Association
- The European Poultry and Game Association
- The European Liaison Committee for Agricultural and Agri-Food Trade (CELCAA)